In God We Trust July 2005 Madera, CA
news - BBQ News 2005

Serving LineWe were asked to vend for a large outdoor concert at the Coombs River Ranch in Madera. The setting was on a beautiful grassy meadow with large oak trees. It made for a great concert venue. The concert had several different musical acts with the headliner being Sandy Patty. The music started about 2:30 and went until about 10:00 pm.

Gene Goycochea brought his large trailer and Pam Gram and Pete Weaver brought their new portable kitchen/ Ole Hickory smoker along with my smoker it gave us plenty of fire power.

SmokersWe set up in the shade under a bunch of giant oaks. We had 4 lines set up in the food booth and were ready to go. Everything worked out perfect. We had some volunteers from the local churches that were involved in the concert and they turned out to be great. I know they enjoyed working the BBQ because they were only suppose to work 2-3 hour shifts and ended up staying the whole time. We really had a lot of fun with them. We all worked our butts off but no one seemed to mind.

Everyone really enjoyed the BBQ we had prepared for this event and we sold a lot of our new sauce as well. I love when that happens. We had many compliments and that felt really good.

bottom