ROSE BOWL 2004
news - BBQ News 2004
Rose Bowl, 2004
Pasadena, CA
December 28-29, 2004

A River Runs Through It: 3-Pete

The last three weeks have been devoted to refurbishing my smoker. It really came out nice, flashy like L.A., beautiful like the Tournament of Roses.

QN4U at the Rose BowlWe heard that this cook off was going to turn out smaller than we had hoped with the weather turning. Our original location was under water. Things were starting to spell DISASTER. Shear will, that's what it was, shear will. It kept everyone determined to keep move ahead and cook as if this were normal. NO one complained.

I remember thinking I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Am I the only one noticing it was raining like hell? Thunder, lightning, water, mud slides. Water literally coming UP through the ground. 8 inches of rain, are these people nuts!

I think this cook off separated the hobby enthusiast BBQers from the hard core, gotta do it no matter what, addicted, slightly off center BBQers.

QN4U Grand Champs at the Rose BowlWe persevered and ended up winning the Grand Championship. Our cooking has really been coming together these last few contest. It was a great way to end the 2004 cooking season. I am proud of what we have been able to accomplish this year and look forward to 2005.

bottom